Friday, April 1, 2011

Nanny staters

The Montana legislature is considering repealing its medicinal marijuana laws.

I don't really care one way or the other what they do in Montana. I'm not a marijuana advocate. I have never smoked weed. Don't want to smoke weed.

But I am a freedom advocate.

I believe people should remain free to choose for themselves what they put into their bodies, especially when it comes to treating illnesses. And quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of self-righteous politicians presuming to tell everybody else what is or isn't good for them.

Nanny state Montana Sen. Rowlie Hutton, (R-Havre) exemplifies the breed.

"Sometimes the most compassionate answer you can give is no, you don't need this."

With all due respect to Sen. Hutton, but who the hell is he to decide what constitutes compassion? Or to decide what another person does or doesn't need? And who is he to presume to hover over the citizens of his state like some kind of mother hen protecting them from the falling sky? 


Thanks Hutton,  but I can buy my own helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment